Friday 31 August 2007

Where's Buffy When You Need Her




I spend more time standing in one or two places on the High Street than anyone else, apart from the human statues. One of my vantage points was next to that of the cast of Dracula from Black and White Rainbow.

Every day they were on the street, every day the images they managed to conjour with a coffin, a couple of girls and a set of fangs were breath taking. Some of my favourite magical images come from them. My thanks to them for just settling down on the street. No fuss no fanfare just striking and thought provoking imagery, a draw to almost everyone who passed, who just had to take a flyer.



Not only that but they had a close up magic routine which had everyone bemused even the puppets who stopped by. Yet another of their theatre show was The New Magic Show.

Their third show at the Fringe was The Bacchae.

If I had thought about nothing else on the High Street, not been constantly searching and thinking about other images. I could have happily stood on my bollard watched as the light constantly changed and the images I saw before me evolved into something better. Then dived for whatever angle I needed to take up to get the photograph I wanted.

Vampires on the High Street, where was Buffy when you needed her. Well for this cast and crew no slayer needed to gain a number one slot in my eyes.

No comments: