Friday 31 August 2007

Never Mind The Bollards

I came back, after last year being my last. It was my last Exhibition. I have sold all my camera equipment. Apart from a few weekends this year I’ve not seen the world through a cameras viewfinder.
In the time between August last year and August this year was the changes they have made to the High Street. With automatic bollards stopping traffic from entering the High Street we have had a few performers taking advantage of a few extra show before the Fringe took over the street.
The other change for me which was an advantage was of course the extra bollards which had now been added as street furniture down the length of the High street. I of course had spent a few days checking each of them in turn, and more importantly remembering where they are. On the High Street with as many distractions as there are, there are probably a few people with knee injuries which if they ever take Edinburgh Council to court over it could easily be a hefty bill.
The older more unstable ones as I already mentioned I have a method of making a little more stable. Although there were times it comes down just to weight distribution and as soon as you hold a camera to your eye everything changes.
One problem in wanting a higher outlook is that so does everyone promoting their show. There are times of the day that there are not many bits of street furniture left for anyone to stand on.
I should employ a strong street performer for a few days just to be carried around standing on their shoulders. Maybe next year.

No comments: